Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 stats

I’ve been rubbish at posting and owe this blog a post or two but in the meantime here is my Facebook post from today with my 2017 stats

The doors are out and the scores are upon them. This is my review of the year in numbers. It captures some of my year but certainly not all of it; I might write my own highlights post as well or I might not. 

I ran 1020km (down slightly from my biggest ever running head of 1093 in 2016) and swam 1309km (up quite a bit from 1192 in 2016). Not my biggest swimming year  which was 2015 with 1324, but pretty close. I did not get on my bike once!

I took part in 16 running events, all half marathons except for one ten mile road race and one 10k trail race. The standout race was the Hastings Half marathon which was tough but by far the most well supported race I’ve ever done with bonus points for being by the seaside.  I achieved a new half marathon PB three times in January, February and at Bexhill in November where I achieved 1:42:20 which was over 5 minutes faster than any pre-2017 PB. The slowest and hilliest and muddiest race was Killerton in September. The race with the most cabbage fields was Boston half in April and the coldest half was Farnborough in January where the portaloos froze.

Best swim(s) - the little dipette in the small lake by the side of the motorway in Austria and taking Megan around the Great London Swim. Honourable mention to the Rutland 8k which I didn’t enjoy but turned out that I’d won.  In all I took part in 5 openwater Swim events. I only purchased three swimming costumes.

I took up Body Balance in January and attended a total of 30 classes during the year. I took up Piloga in June and attended a total of 25 classes. I attended a single Pilates class and a single Fitness yoga class. I had a brief flirtation with Body Pump (which had to be ditched owing to time and shoulders issues) and attended 12 classes. I had 18 sessions of PT.

I spent 14 nights in a Premier Inn (plus 7 in the Jardin Caleta Tenerife and 5 in the hotel Landhof Ellmau and 2 in a guest house in the lakes). Premier Inn nights were consistent with 2016 but nights in other locations was down. 

I visited the Little Chef only six times and sadly there won’t be a statistic on Little Chefs in future years as they are now shut.

I consumed 34 mince pies up from 31 in 2016.

I held two cake stalls, ran a Crafternoon, sold a lot of little animals and organised a virtual fitness challenge which enabled me to raise £2600 for Mind.

Contacts with the NHS were down again this year (2014: 62; 2015: 33; 2016: 8) to 4 GP appointments, 1 telephone call from GP and 1 blood test (6). 

No comments:

Post a Comment